Thursday 2 June 2011

It's been a while!

 He was smiling, even with the duct tape!

 My last blog post was a  reflection on really how things are never as they seem!
 Expectations being too high (or for ones own personal  ego fragility...  too low) 

 My expectations are pretty much set on low as I am never expecting anything hugely excitingly life changing to happen  as a result of my music.

 THEN!

 amazingly!

I won the very competition I was  talking about in my last blog post


 Much twittering and Facebook posting  happened in the days following the official announcement in March and a massive amount of support from  friends which I have to say  absolutely blew me away. The team at Talenthouse were fabulous and phone calls and emails followed which really made me feel special.

What hit me after around  a week, was that in all the years I have been supporting musicians  and hosting online events and performances, was how little time I  had been keeping up with my own marketing and promotion.  

So  here it is! the new and improved  shameless self promotion 

SlimGirlFat ( Official Website)
Twitter       

 For those of you with gambling tendencies or  would love to invest  some virtual happiness in  my  possible  famousness,  then please  invest here :)
Empire Avenue



Dealing with management rather than directly with a producer/musician is a somewhat new experience for me as all collaborations I have  been involved with  before have been on a one to one basis.  Perhaps its a celeb thang 

"I'm not going to be joining ZZ Top. You know they can't play my stuff. It's too complicated." {James Brown}

 Having not really taken much notice of  celeb  DJ's,  it is a little startling to look objectively at 'their' world which for the most part I notice  how 'closed' it is.  How much of a 'boys club' it appears to be and more noticeably,  there are very few females , certainly on the electronica scene.
 I am talking about  those who dont  just 'remix' others work, but those who compose and release originals too.  Definitely a male dominated area so far, that and the young age of the majority! 


and  I'm just an old fogey ;) 



 Aside from that I have also been carrying on as usual and discovering new music / Musicians and DJs online!

One such brilliant discovery has been  actually from Twitter

Patrick and Chris, 2 absolutely charming guys who between them have been passionately bringing trance/dance DJ's and Musicians together
through their new website 
With a mega event in the planning for 2012 please help me in supporting these guys and also the artists they are connecting!  They are seriously awesome and genuinely cool guys.
Connect with them too and check out their webpage!


And please don't forget,  when it comes to music, that outdated idea of a songwriter/ singer/musician/producer  sitting up all night to write  that song, sing it, AND  get it right, is all nonsense.....

Night time is for sleeping !

No comments: