Saturday 22 January 2011

Does Size Matter?



 Does Size Matter?

Well frankly yes it does.

 Over the last few weeks I have been trying various  Second Life  Browsers and on many  occasions I have noticed that avatar scaling seems to be very different.

  We all know that we can make our avatars  as tall as possible or as short as possible and my own avatar has pretty much remained at around  SL 6 foot 4  which of course in RL terms would make me very tall indeed.
 Now on scaling alongside other avatars that used to be pretty much an ok size in comparison to many other (human) avs.

What I have noticed recently is that  some of the newer avatars appear to be around 9 feet tall ie  HUGE compared to me. Is this a browser thing or  somehow has  the scaling that keep  most things in proportion disappeared?

  I dragged a friend of mine  for the pic above to try and show the difference. At that time I was using the Phoenix Viewer and  he was on Viewer 2.  We tried to line them up  equally and there is a distinct difference and no  not just because he has a male avatar!

 I had the same  using Imprudence Viewer and also on Viewer 2.

 Visiting a few shows it has been  rather odd to  see what I see as normal size avatars (scaling comparison)  and then a range of really oversized avs on my screen.

 Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this too?


No comments: